Pet wellness examinations are an important part of pet care in Homer Glen, IL. If you’re a pet owner in our community, Colonial Manor Animal Hospital is your source for pet wellness examinations. We provide pet wellness exams to help keep pets healthy and improve their quality of life.
Benefits of Pet Wellness
There are many reasons to bring your pet in for a wellness exam.
- Wellness exams can help your pet feel more comfortable around the veterinarian.
- Pet owners get the chance to ask questions during wellness exams.
- Your pet’s veterinarian can make recommendations for preventative treatment that can help keep your pet healthy.
What to Expect from a Wellness Exam
When you bring your pet in for a pet wellness exam, we’ll start off the exam by giving your pet a full physical examination. We’ll inspect your pet’s fur, skin, eyes, ears, mouth and the extremities. We’ll observe your pet’s behavior and listen to your pet’s breathing and heartbeat. We may take a sample of your pet’s blood or feces. Other parts of the wellness exam include:
- Dietary information. We’ll put your pet on the scale to see if your pet is at a healthy weight. If your pet is overweight, we may take this time to talk to you about your pet’s nutrition and exercise.
- Consultation. The wellness exam is a great opportunity for pet owners to ask the veterinarian questions about pet behavior and care at home. We can answer those questions.
- Recommendations for future medical care. Your pet may be due for vaccines or a dental exam. We’ll talk to you about your pet’s needs and help you make an appointment for any necessary procedures.
When to Bring Your Pet To the Homer Glen Vet
Most pets need to see the veterinarian in Homer Glen at least once annually. Older pets need pet wellness exams more often than once annually, because older animals are at greater risk for developing a serious medical condition. We help pet owners decide when the time has come to have their pet come to the Homer Glen animal hospital more frequently than once annually.
In addition, we encourage pet owners to bring their pets in to the veterinarian for a pet wellness exam when the pet shows signs of illness. Some of the most common signs of illness include:
- Disinterest in eating
- Sudden changes in behavior
Contact Your Pet’s Homer Glen and Lockport Veterinarian
As your pet’s veterinarian in Homer Glen, we provide preventative care to help your pet stay healthy. We proudly serve the areas of Lockport, Homer Glen, Orland Hills, Orland Park, Lemont and Fairmont, IL. As your animal hospital in Homer Glen, we encourage all pet owners to bring in their animals for a wellness exam at least once annually. To make an appointment or find out more about our services, call us today at (708) 301-8200.